Monday 2 November 2009

I bloody love these guys


Above are a few images by the design duo Telegramme. I am not sure how I stumbled across them but I really really love their work- so if anyone would like to buy me one of their prints for Christmas.. go for it :)
Anyway since I am currently spending most of my studio time at uni in the printing studios learning all sorts of printy things I thought I would have another look at their work and hence this post. Their primary medium is screen print, they say that they like this medium because its very experimental you are never sure what the end result is going to be. I definitely agree with this, so far this term I am not really sure what I have been trying to make and have just ended up playing and seeing what the end result is and it never quite being what I expected. I think the reason why I love their work is because its all handmade, obviously there are some elements of digital production but I think what makes their work so strong is the fact that there are imperfections and that they have to work with the limited colours of the inks leading them to be more inventive. I was thinking today (mainly due to it being rainy and cold outside) that it would be perfect to have all the screen printing equipment I needed in my room, I would never have to leave the house I could screen print all day and night and life would be good.....

No comments:

Post a Comment